Make a Difference…BE A MENTOR !
Do you have ONE HOUR to spare each week?
You can make a difference by mentoring a student at one of these area schools:
- Big A Elementary
- Liberty Elementary
- Toccoa Elementary
- Stephens County Middle School
- CrossRoads Success Academy
- Stephens County High School
What you DON’T need: any in-depth specialized training.
What you DO need: the desire to see a child succeed.
YES! I WANT TO VOLUNTEER…
- Complete the mentoring application and send it back to us. The mentor coordinator will contact you.
- Complete a Background Check then we begin the process of matching you with a student.
- Complete training (provided by Family Connection staff) on basic mentoring procedures and tips for developing a relationship with your student.
- Start mentoring and experience the joy of helping a child!
The Power of ONE:
Mentor ONE Student
ONE time a Week
ONE School Year
Research shows it works! Students with mentors are…
- 53% less likely to skip school
- 43% less likely to begin using alcohol & drugs
- 33% less likely to commit acts of violence
Click below to download the Mentor Application & Background Check