About Georgia Family Connection: Controlled at the community level, Family Connection is present in every county in Georgia. It is the largest statewide network of communities in the nation that have made a commitment to improve results for children and families.
Family Connection of Stephens County, Inc. is part of the Family Connection statewide collaborative network. Our organizational goal is to serve as a catalyst for improving results for our children, families and community.
Our Vision: For Stephens County’s children to be healthy, ready to start and perform better in school, and have stable economically self-sufficient families.
Our Work: Family Connection works closely to:
- Provide training and technical assistance to meet the needs for our community and support efforts in making better decisions locally
- Build and maintain relationships with public and private agencies within our community to share and combine resources, promote public policy, and improve services and support for families
- Enhance public awareness, understanding, communication, and commitment to improve results for children and families
- Promote “what works” using research and evaluation practices that have proven to be effective in communities, while showcasing community successes
Our Focus: We provide leadership through our commitment to:
- Holding ourselves accountable for improving conditions for children
- Providing family support and services with a family focus
- Fostering collaboration among public and private organizations
- Promoting local decision-making
Our Plan for Improvement: Georgia Family Connection partnership strives to make community improvements in five areas.
- Healthy Children
- Children Ready for School
- Children Succeeding in School
- Strong Families
- Self-Sufficient Families
Some of our past programs include: Stephens County Schools Mentoring Program, First Steps Maternal Education Services, Welcome Bags for Newborns at Stephens County Hospital, Annual Coat Drive for Students, Annual Community Resource Publication, Annual Community Profile publication including a data analysis of quality of life compared to other counties in Georgia, Monthly Collaborative meetings to provide public and private organizations with networking opportunities and education regarding the needs of our community, workshops to educate the public on emerging issues in our community. Programs will be adjusted as the needs of our community change.
Our success is our partners’ success – we bring them together, they develop and implement the strategies. Our most important partners are the families whose children are being served.
Please join with us through financial support (tax deductible) and/or active participation to achieve our goal: All children will succeed in school and in life.